Joining with Carole Knits for her 10 on Tuesday. This week's prompt is - 10 Ways You Are Embracing Autumn. This is right up my alley since I happen to adore fall!
2. The gorgeous landscape of fall - fields of corn and wheat and golden soybeans. The wonderful blue skies and crisp weather - although truth be told it was 89 on Saturday - and humid - but this week is supposed to be cool again.
4. End of the season produce - still able to get some tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, etc.
5. Pumpkins - love the color, the taste - pumpkin pie of one of the few pies I like.
6. End of the season flowers - especially hydrangeas.
8. Decorating for fall - I love almost as much as Christmas. Gourds, leaves, pumpkin, corn.
9. Enjoying a slower pace of life - as work is slowing down a bit after our year end and audit. I plan on embracing some shorter work days.
10. Comfort food - enjoying making some soup, chili, etc. I made a wonderful butternut squash soup last weekend - which was delicious!
A favorite fall quote - 'So glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.' ~LM Montgomery
from "Anne of Green Gables"