Carole's prompt for 10 on Tuesday this week is 10 Things You Miss About Your Home When You Are Away.
We have been taking lots of long weekends away - for camping, kayaking and visiting our sons, DILs and grands. While I love to travel I am definitely a homebody and so look forward to being home. Here is what I miss most about home:
- My own bed. I seriously love our bed. We bought a new king sized bed a few years ago and I simply adore the mattress on this bed. It envelopes you when you crawl into it. While I sometimes find a hotel bed that is comfortable there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed. I tend to crawl into bed at night and sink into it and say "Bed is good". Every night - ask my husband.
- Our dog. While I complain about this little bundle of fur I do miss his sweet face when we are gone. I don't miss sleeping without him in the bed while we are gone or his frequent accidents (he's getting old) but I do miss his unconditional love.
- Cooking in my kitchen. While we do some cooking when we camp I love to cook and having my full kitchen available is wonderful.
- Eating at home vs. eating out. We eat healthier at home - enough said.
- A dry towel. This comes from our last camping trip where the first half of the trip spend in NH had one day of rain but because we were in the deep woods nothing seemed to dry out - especially our towels.
- My laundry room. Having the ability to do laundry whenever I want is a luxury.
- Walking around barefoot. At home I am all about being barefoot. Hotel floors creep me out - think about all of the other bare feet who have walked on that floor - YUCK! And it is almost impossible to go barefoot while camping.
- My closet - having options, not just stuck with what you packed. I tend to over pack and then still find I packed too many tops and not enough bottoms.
- Knitting options - no matter how well I plan and take multiple projects I find myself not having the right needles or notions or that I have packed projects that I don't feel like knitting right now. access to my stash and supplies is so nice!
- Just being at home - as I said I am a homebody. I love to be home. I love to putter around the house and garden, sit on the deck, light a candle, walk the neighborhood. Love to be home!