Joining Carole Knits for 10 on Tuesday. the prompt this week "10 things you did this weekend"
- Did a drive by drop off of food, beer and kiddie fun (bubbles and sidewalk chalk) at my family reunion on Saturday. We were not able to attend because....
- We spent much of Saturday at the hospital waiting for our newest granddaughter to be born! She arrived late in the evening after a long, hard delivery. Her name is Elliotte Lucille. And respecting our son and DIL's wishes I won't share any more details or pictures. They are limiting how and where pictures are posted. But let me tell you she is beautiful! We got to hear her first cries from the waiting room which brought tears to all for grandparents' eyes for sure. I was able to see her briefly before we headed to our son's house to...
- Watched our son's dog's while they were in the hospital. They are the sweetest and we enjoyed them - even if it was only for a bit. The ride to their house from the hospital was long and dark (an hour) on winding roads. We saw a ton of deer along the way.
- Sunday we went back to the hospital and spent some time with our son and DIL and took turns holding the baby - who slept the whole time. There is nothing like holding a newborn - and the sweetest smell of all!
- Drove the 4 hours back home later on Sunday. We were lucky enough to get back in time to see our oldest and his family who were back in the are to finish packing their house up for next week's move to VA. The girls were swimming and the littlest sang to us - Itsy Bitsy Spider. Then we had a lovely evening on the patio around the firepit listening to music. It was a cool evening so perfect for a fire.
- Monday I had planned on working a bit but bagged it. It was a holiday after all. I cleaned and grocery shopped. Did all the laundry.
- Prepped meals for the week. I just finished my first week of a Whole 30 and the only way to stay on track is to prep and plan ahead.
- Made a delicious (if I do say so myself) fruit salad. At the last minute I added fresh mint. It was yummy! This was to take to...
- We went to a neighbor's for a seafood boil/cookout. We had so much fun despite the rain. It poured all afternoon and into the evening but luckily they had a cover over their pergola on the patio.
- Strolled home at about 8:30 and wined about having to go back to work. Then bed.
Busy and happy weekend!