I can't believe it is Sept. 8th already - where did the summer go. We had a long weekend of family. Our nephew and his wife hosted a picnic on Sunday. It was really nice to not be the hosts for a change and just show up with a couple of side dishes.
I'll join with Carole Knits for her 10 on Tuesday - 10 Things I Did This Weekend.Saturday.
- I was up way to early and into the office at 6:45 am until about 1:30. At this time of year it is a necessity and I typically go in Sunday but we had plans that day.
- Our youngest son and DIL came Saturday and we cooked out and had dinner on the deck. they visited our nephew that night and my hubby and I relaxed at home.
- Sunday I slept until 8 am! I have not done that in years. It was a lovely cool morning. The guys were up early and golfed and I chatted with my DIL and then made a chopped salad for the picnic later.
- The picnic was great! We visited with family we hadn't seen in a few years.
- And played cornhole. This is my hubby and SIL. She and I beat my hubby and son 2 out of three games!
- Our older son and his family were also at the picnic - so we got to see our granddaughters! They are so cute - if I do say so myself. This is the youngest - who was so dirty by dinner time from running around the yard barefoot - but oh this face! And those curls!
- We watched her older sister and a friend 'wrestle' over this ball - it looked like sumo wrestling.
- I enjoyed time spent with this lovely couple - our youngest and his wife.
- And enjoyed time with my other DIL - unfortunately no pictures of our oldest son - who spent the day chasing kids.
- Monday was a day for relaxing. We had coffee and tea on the deck in the morning while it was still chilly - like polar fleece chilly - before the kids headed home.
Then I planned on doing some work from home - but my hubby talked me out of it. I will regret that later this week...
Hello September! I think someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that summer is over - as we expect the next few days to be in the 90s.