I can not believe it is the end of August! To me that marks the end of summer - and it has been an ok summer. It has had it's ups and downs - most ups. I have taken on the attitude that I will be positive and look at the good things in life. I tend to let things drag me down - or others drag me down.
I thought I would go back and look at what I accomplished from my Summer goals. Got about half done - others are a work in progress or not done at all.
SUMMER MANIFESTO 2015
- Get sunshine and fresh air every day. Done.
- Move More. Done - starting working out with a trainer and while he is kicking my butt I see changes in my shape already.
- Eat outside as much as possible. Done - we eat outside nearly every night - unless the mosquitoes are particularly bad.
- Friday Happy Hour on the deck. Most Fridays we have had happy hour on the deck - although the past month no alcohol for me - just seltzer with lime. I started a Whole30 this month and it cuts out alcohol, sugar, dairy and a few other things. One week to go and feeling pretty good!
- Invite friends over more. This did not happen as much as we would have liked. A goal to carry into the Fall.
- Ride bikes. Did not happen - but we did kayak a few times.
- Make pickles…and salsa…and green chili sauce. This did not happen - but there is still time.
- Make the deck more cozy. This did not happen
- Blog again. I have - although still very sporadically.
- Use my big girl camera more. This did not happen.
- Put in a fire pit…with Adirondack chairs. This did not happen
- String twinkly lights around the red maple. This did not happen
- Cold brew coffee. Yes!!!! although none lately - because not eating dairy
- Plant blueberries. I planted two bushes - but failed to cover them with netting and the birds ate most of the berries...live and learn.
- Paint our bedroom. This did not happen
- Make tutus for the grands. This did not happen - but all of the supplies were purchased - so soon!
- Work on learning to let my hair dry naturally. Have only done this recently and have started to let my hair grow a bit - hopefully to be able to wear it in a short curly bob. This has been hard for me as I have fought my curls most of my life. And my hair is very fine and thin and tends to frizz. Finding a hair product that does not weigh my hair down has been a chore - and an expensive one. Too many are thick gels which just is too heavy for my baby fine hair. This has worked so far for me - albeit only a few days of actually letting it dry naturally. It's so hard to not want to smooth out the curls after so many years of doing so.