The 10 on Tuesday topic today is 10 Favorite Things To Do On A Summer Staycation.
While I do love to go away for vacation I am also perfectly happy to spend vacation days at home. Honestly I am such a homebody. I think this comes from working really long hours that when I am home I enjoy spending time there. Plus there is always something to do - a project to start or finish.
- Sleep in - I rarely sleep in but even sleeping until 6 am works for me.
- Morning coffee on the deck. How I wish I could do this every morning!
- Knit - without feeling guilty because there is cleaning or dishes to do.
- Go to a farmer's market. There are some great ones in our area.
- Cook with local produce - see above. I love to go pick up some in season fruits and veggies and then plan a meal around them. On my agenda this summer is to try grilling peaches.
- Check out local wineries or breweries. We have some great ones in our area with new ones popping up every month - or so it seems.
- Spend a day with the grands - nothing makes me happier.
- Ride bikes. Love the local rail to trail.
- Dinner out at one of the local restaurants that has a deck on the river.
- End the day with cocktails on the deck or patio and maybe a fire.