I am finally blogging and of course it seems like the only time I do is for Carole Knits 10 on Tuesday prompts.
The prompt this week is 10 Reasons You're Happy It is March.
- Vacation! We finally planned a vacation to NC to visit my parents. We always have a good time there; they live at the beach; there is always so much to see and do; and we are away from our daily routine. Unfortunately my husband's job has interrupted our plans by scheduling his presentation to the feds right in the middle of our planned week off. UGH! So today we travel to Baltimore where he has a meeting then Weds is his presentation and then we are to head to NC until Monday. But have you seen the weather for the east coast? Major snowstorm coming our way...we may have an extra day in Baltimore before heading south. I have packed lots of knitting!
- The time changes! Looking forward to longer days!
- Spring!!!! My bulbs are starting to come up, the days are already longer and I am looking forward to warmer weather.
- Birthdays - my dad turns 70 and we will be down there around his birthday. Our youngest turns 24 - YIKES!!!! Then my aunt also has a birthday; and March would have been my sister's 48th birthday.
- Easter is early this year and at the end of March. Both boys will be home and we will celebrate birthdays as well as Easter. Our oldest's birthday was in February but we were all sick so no one celebrated. Our youndest's is in March. Our DIL's birthday is in early April. So on Easter we will also celebrate all their birthdays.
- New deck furniture! We added a deck on last fall but didn't buy any furniture until last week. Can't wait to get it delivered and begin to decorate the deck. I have lots of plans!
- Decorating - I am hoping March is the month I finally make the decisions on decorating our bedroom. I need paint, new bed linens and accessories. Shouldn't take me long - but making a decision on the color scheme is holding me up.
- March Madness! I typically do not watch basketball - college or pro - but do love to watch March Madness. When our boys were still at home we watched it much more - but I know I will catch some games this March.
- Exploring the gardens - to watch for plants emerging; to begin cleaning up from the winter; planning a new perennial bed!
- Birds! Watching for robins - a true sign of Spring. the birds are becoming more active this month and migrating north so we see the return of some of our favorites.