Joining Carole Knits for her 10 on Tuesday post - 10 Goals for 2013. I usually make some type of resolution or goal at the beginning of each new year. Problem is I am terrible at keeping them!
- For many years - too many to mention - the thing at the top is lose weight...sigh.... I so do not want to put that on my list this year but feel I must. Our youngest son is getting married in July and I really do not want to be this size in the wedding pictures. Plus I feel terrible at this weight...ugh!!! I really should name this one - take better care of myself in general. Eat healthier, move more, dress nicer, moisturize!!!!
- Learn to knit socks. I should clarify this by saying I know how to knit socks - they just never fit right. So maybe this should be - learn to knit socks that fit.
- Knit for charity. When my sister was sick I knit chemo hats to donate. I would like to get back to charity knitting again. My goal is one item a month to donate.
- Learn to compost. This is something I really have wanted to do for a while now. I have the perfect place for a composting bin and really hate to contribute to the landfill issues. Plus I hear the soil created by composting is wonderful! Win-Win!
- Organize, organize, organize. I want to get organized in may aspects of my life. At work, at home - especially at home. Our house is tiny and does not have a ton of storage - so I need to declutter and organize.
- Decorate our bedroom. This is something I really need to do. Our room tends to be the catch-all for everything. And this makes it cluttered and not very restful. I want to start over. The bones are good - meaning I have all the furniture we need - just need to pick a color scheme, accessories and declutter. I want the room to be peaceful but not bland. I think right now peacefull means getting out the things that do not belong there...craft supplies, off season clothes, too many books and magazines, etc.
- Learn to better use my camera. I do everything in auto-I want to learn how to use all the bells and whistles that go along with the camera.
- And to go along with # 7 - take more pictures - especially ones that include me! I am not in many photos and while I HATE having my picture taken I want to be in the pictures of our life. Especially now with a granddaughter. I never post pictures of myself - but here goes! Me and my sweet granddaughter Avery Lynn.!
9. Another one to go along with the two above - learn to use Photoshop Elements. I have the software - just never take the time to learn.
10. Save money. Now that we are done with tuition payments we have been using the extra funds for house projects - we fenced in the back yard and added a deck and pergola this past fall. Two more large projects - kitchen countertops and backsplash and a large front porch - are slated for 2013. But I need to increase our overall savings.
Lots of goals and plans for 2013. I am hoping 2013 is lucky '13!