Joining up with Carole Knits for her 10 on Tuesday posts. Topic this week - 10 Favorite Pizza Toppings. I adore pizza as does my husband - but we really don't eat it very often any more now that the kids aren't living at home. Our eating habits have changed drastically in the past few months - more veggies and lean meats and less carbs - at least for me - my hubby is a carbo-holic.
- Plain old cheese pizza - a good standby - and if made right can be the best!
- Veggie pizza - we order this at work for staff meetings as my boss is a vegetarian. There is a great pizza place just around the corner from our office who makes a great one - onions, peppers, mushrooms, black olives...yum!
- White Pizza - this is something from my youth -we always ate it during lent and all the pizza places made it - olive oil, onions and cheese. Haven't had it in a while but reminds me of my growing up years.
- Sausage - love good sausage on a pizza. Not a fan of pepperoni - which is my hubby's favorite. I'll eat it but blot the grease off the top first - gross!
- Mushroom - my very favorite topping - especially if a variety of mushrooms are used. LOVE!!!
- Broccoli and fresh mozz - I use to eat this when my younger son was living at home as this was one of his favorites.
- Cheese, thinly sliced tomatoes and fresh basil - yum! I make this during the summer when we grill pizza and have all the fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden to use.
- Taco Pizza - a local pizza place in our town makes this and while I couldn't eat a ton of this, one slice is good. Seasoned taco meat, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, onions, black olives and shredded lettuce. Pretty good!
- Chicken caesar salad pizza - have had this once in a while - although I will say I am a more basic type of topping girl.
- Buffalo chicken pizza - again a rare occurrence for me but have enjoyed a slice over the years.
Coming up with 10 was hard as I like things very basic - to me it is all about good, fresh ingredients. Now I am hungry....