It seems the only posts I am getting out here are the 10 on Tuesday from Carole Knits. Her prompts are an easy way to get a blog post done. This week's prompt - 10 Foods You Are Looking Forward to Eating Now That Fall is (Almost) Here.
Easy - food is a favorite topic!
- Apples! I know apples are available year round but fresh picked ones from the orchard can not be beat.
- Homemade Applesauce. The joy of readily available apples is the ability to make crockpot applesauce. It is easy and so good - hot or cold. No sugar added. And I've found it freezes really well. My father-in-law is going to bring me apples from his tree in exchange for some applesauce. Deal!
- Butternut squash. In everything. Soup, hash, roasted, etc.
- Soup - oh how I love soup! During the fall and winter I always have homemade soup in the fridge.
- Apple Cider Donuts - if I were still eating gluten these would be high on my list. All the fall festivals have them.
- Pumpkin Pie - but a crustless version - meaning just the baked custard portion.
- Roasted fall veggies - squash, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, etc.
Ok - this was harder than I thought - mostly because I am eating a pretty strict food plan right now. I probably am most excited that my favorite local farmstand is still open and I can get great fruits and veggies for at least another month.
Now I'm hungry.