Today is the last day of my Whole 30. It went fairly smoothly and I learned a lot.
- I learned I can do anything for 30 days.
- I learned I can live without cheese - and dairy - but this was the hardest.
- I learned I miss a glass of wine on Fridays after a long week .
- But I also learned I didn't miss it that much and survived my birthday, several picnics and a party without a celebratory drink.
- I really learned how much sugar is in products - especially salad dressing. I never thought I consumed much sugar since I am not a 'sweets' person. But after reading labels I realized there is a ton of hidden sugars - in ketchup, salad dressings, mustards, sriracha (sadly so as I love this stuff).
- I learned to make a really good and easy vinaigrette. Seriously - it is so easy.
- I learned I really miss coffee - because I like it with half and half and a bit of sugar - and I also learned I do not like it black.
- I learned that seltzer with a squeeze of lime really is wonderful and refreshing on a hot summer evening.
- I learned that I think I can do this type of eating 90% of the time with an occasional drink or bit of cheese or scoop of ice cream. and this is my plan - to continue to stick to Whole 30 most of the time but give myself some freedom to indulge once in a while.